White Chicken Chili
This recipe will be a hit with your family! It has enough spice for flavor, but not so much that it turns off the younger kids.
Recipe Source: foodhero.org
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut bite-sized
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder or 6 cloves garlic
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (or 14.5 ounce can) chicken broth (see notes)
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped mild green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or chili powder (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- ½ cup nonfat or 1% milk
- Heat oil in a large saucepan; sauté the chicken, onion and garlic until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and milk.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.