Zucchini and Tomatoes
Spend less time cooking and more time enjoying your summer with this fast and delicious summer veggie side dish. Pairs well with grilled meat, fish, or tofu.
Recipe Source: MyPlate.gov zucchini and tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 pound zucchini (chopped), about 4 cups
- 2 tomatoes (peeled and diced, or a 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cover pan, reduce heat, cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.