Southwest Baked Potatoes
Spice up your baked potato and load it up with fresh tomatoes and beans. Potatoes are a great food to have in your pantry because they last for a long time. Make sure to eat the skin on your potatoes to increase your fiber intake!
Recipe Source: ChopChopFamily.org
- 2 medium-sized potatoes (or sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup canned corn, rinsed (or frozen, fresh)
- Wash and dry potatoes well.
- Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork.
- Microwave potatoes on high 12-15 minutes, or until tender.
- In medium sized mixing bowl combine beans, cheese, salsa, and corn.
- Slice each potato down the middle. Press open, making a well in the center.
- Spoon the bean mixture into middle of each potato.
- If desired, top with light sour cream, plain yogurt, scallions or chives.