Spinach Frittata Muffins
This recipe is for individual muffin-sized portions for an easy and delicious grab-and-go breakfast or lunch.
Recipe Source: ChopChopFamily.org
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups (packed) spinach leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded or crumbled cheese, such as cheddar, Swiss, feta, or Parmesan
- 4 scallions (green onions), greens and whites, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 350 degrees. Using your clean hand or a paper towel, use the oil to generously grease eight of the muffin tins.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, and beat them with the fork or whisk until pale yellow. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill 6 to 8 muffin cups to the top and, once the oven temperature has reached 350 degrees, carefully move the tin into the oven.
- Bake until the top is golden and the eggs are set, 20-25 minutes. (To see if the eggs are set, use pot holders to jiggle the tin back and forth: you should not see the eggs moving around as if they’re still liquid in the center.)
- Remove the tin carefully from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Once the “muffins” have cooled a bit, tip them out of the tin onto the plate. Serve warm or at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.