Mediterranean Chicken and White Bean Salad
This refreshing salad starts with cooked chicken, white beans, cucumber, and onion with a splash of fresh lemon juice, oil and seasonings for a delicious combination. Try it with tuna and chopped tomatoes for variety.
Recipe Source: US Dept. of Agriculture, SNAPed Connection
- 1 cup skinless cooked chicken (diced into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 can 15.5 ounce low-sodium white beans (drained and rinsed with cold water)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/4 red or white onion (peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Put everything in the bowl and gently toss.
Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.